Thursday, June 18, 2009

Where, oh where...


DOES THE TIME GO?!? It's been almost 2 months since my last post and I'm like "what?!" So what was the reason for my absence? Well, first it was the fact that Sam kidnapped our camera to do stuff at his work place (I'm seriously sad that I have no pictures of Mika for the month of May!) and then it was plain laziness on my part...

But I'm back now and hope to be more diligent in keeping our blog updated :D I really have no excuse now, since I'm at home on summer break!! YEE-HAW! So, what's up with the Cheneys? Well, here's some updates:

Sam's has a special project this summer. He is making Titi Torea sticks for PCC to earn us some extra cash. His first order will be delivered on July 1, so every free week night and weekend this month has been dedicated to sewing, painting and braiding for the bags and sticks. It's kinda embarrassing to say but, Sam is the one doing all the sewing, while I am simply the eager student :)

Lethe is home on summer vacation until July 28 and enjoying time with the girls! She has started a preschool group with some of her friends and they meet every Tuesday and Thursday for a couple hours, and all the mommies take turns teaching a lesson/activity. This was our first week and it was a success! I'm also reading this book I highly recommend to all you mommies "A Mother's Book of Secrets" by Linda Eyre & Shawni Eyre Pothier. Thank you Caira & Caryn!
Elia has been enjoying sleeping in, swimming in her pool and playing with her baby sister. I gotta say that 3 year olds are lots of FUN! Less tantrums, more smiles, and she's such a big helper! I also get a kick out of the things she says, like "Mommy, what are you talking about?"and how her sense of humor is really kicking in :D

Mika is just growing by leaps and bounds...which isn't to say that she's getting any bigger (she's still my petite little girl who is now 9 months old and weighs only about 15 pounds or so)! But she sure is keeping us busy! Our little girl is crawling and standing everywhere she can (her favorite spot is the bathroom- we've learned to always try to keep that door closed) and has already started taking over her sister's toys. Just this morning the two girls were wrestling over a toy, and I couldn't believe it! I thought it would take much longer for this stage to start! She's also eating a wide variety of foods...not just the baby stuff and dives or swipes for whatever she can reach. Just today she stuck her fingers in her daddy's ice cream ;) She is also our little dancer, bobbing to the beat of any music she hears! She is such a joy and has a contagious smile that shows 2 of her now 6 teeth...yup, got the tooth brush busy too!

Next weekend, to celebrate our 6th year anniversary Sam and I are going to Kona! We're staying one night and catching a not too early temple session in the morning, then fly home that afternoon. My parents were kind enough to watch the girls for us, so a big MAHALO to GRANDMA & PAPA! I'll be sure to post some pictures from our mini vacation on here. Till then...

2 comments:

liko said...

nice!! and glad you updated! and what are those things that sam sells? i have never heard of them before. that mommy school is what i have kind of been doing with malik and faith. who else do you do it with? have fun in kona!!

The Reed Family said...

Lethe! It's been far too long! How are you? I'm blogging again... for now! No promises on being consistent tho ;-) I'm terrible! It was so great looking at all your pics! I can't believe Elia is 3!!! And Mika is getting so big! Don't worry about her being tiny. Corinne is still a rail and eats like a horse! But she's catching up and so will Miss Mika! So excited to see pics from your Kona trip! Love you girl!