Sunday, July 6, 2008

Happy 4th of July!

This 4th of July was a fun and exciting one for the Cheney ohana!  We had an onolicious potluck bar-b-que with friends in Kahana Bay, complete with Liz's famous marinated bar-b-que chicken!!  Then we all headed over to the beach to enjoy the cool breeze and work off all that food we ate...  It was a perfect day and the water was warm :)  The kids got all nice and sandy and us big guys got to talk story and body surf.    

Then later that night after Sam finished playing at the luau, we headed over to Schofield Barracks to watch their awesome firework show.  Liz was designated the driver, which was really sweet for Sam and I because we both would rather not!  So, for a change we both got to be passengers in our car... which gave us a perfect photo-op of Sam & I :)  The drive was kinda long (by Hawaii & gas price standards), but definitely worth it.  We got there just in time to get situated, get some grinds and sit down for a few minutes before the show started...and what a show it was!  Sam got some cool photos of some of what we saw.  Elia was both amazed and scared at the sights and sounds and clung tight to mommy and daddy.  It was a beautiful night!  We'd love to hear about your 4th of July too... add a comment ;) 


6 comments:

Lara said...

It was so nice to have fun with you guys at the BBQ. The fireworks show looked awesome and I can understand Elia being excited and scared at the same time. Rachel did the same thing when popping fireworks at the Cheney house she wanted to see them but not hear them.

The Reed Family said...

Lethe! I love your pics!! So glad you had a fun 4th! Elia is getting so big! Those firework photos Sam took are amazing! I didn't even attempt to take any because I feared they wouldn't turn out! Good to know for the future! So glad you guys are doing well! Give Liz my love! It's been way too long since I've talked to her! I'll give her a ring this weekend. So glad you have a blog so I can see photos and get updates every now and then! Love and miss you bunches!

Becca said...

Hey Lethe! Fun stuff! Remember when we went? That was the most incredible fireworks show I have EVER seen! I miss our great times together. Elia is so beautiful! We had a great 4th too... pics coming on our blog soon. Glad to hear you guys are doing well - give yourself & that Lizbet a great big hug from me. Miss you!

liko said...

hey lethe! good to see you on here! i love you blog -- very cute! it's fun to keep up with family and friends!!

Atwood Ohana said...

Lethe!!!! I am so glad I found your blog! You and sam are still so happy and beautiful together! That's so fun to see. And i read that you guys went to a temple session for your anniversary. that's such a good idea. i didn't think of that. what a special way to remember that day you got sealed. haha. love it! and Elia is so so so cute! well, keep in touch kay? love ya, Heather

kristyn said...

Sam I LOVE the shot of the fireworks with the people silhouetted! We miss "y'all" tons!!! I can't wait to come visit - christmas still sound good?