Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Mommy & Me!






Being a teacher definitely has it's perks...and summer break is my favorite one!  These past 3 weeks I've fallen in love again with sleeping in, exercising in the morning and spending the whole day with my favorite girl!  Since we could skip paying preschool tuition, I got to splurge a little on buying some fun art supplies for some projects I planned to do with the little one (watercolors, crayons, markers, construction paper, foam sheets, pipe cleaners, popsicle sticks, etc.).  Elia loves to scribble and go crazy with the glue, but then loves to take her projects apart too :)  We also go on "color hunts" together, as she has become fascinated with the color blue and red too.  But probably the most fun we have together is when we get to be silly together while singing and dancing to her favorite songs "Calypso Jump" and "Slippery Fish".  Yes, it is such a JOY to be a mommy   

We've also kept ourselves busy by going on a field trip every week with the other mother's in our Ward.  So far we've gone to Alligator Pond (Elia had lots of fun jumping over the waves), the Children's Discovery Center (a whole building dedicated to for play and pretend, where everything is touchable) and the Polynesian Cultural Center (she got scared of the loud Tongan drums, but loved running around and watching the canoe show).  My only regret is that I didn't have my camera with me during any of these trips because Sam needed it for work!  So...I'll have to ask my friends to email me some pictures they took.

Have a fun and safe 4th of July everyone!

Thanks Luz for sending me these photos!  Elia and her best buddy/neighbor Kayla plant carrots and ride in the Jeepney together at the Children's Discovery Center.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello!
I just ran across your blog and thought you would enjoy our new company, Mommy Toolbox! Check out our stroller clip, the Carabean!

www.mommytoolbox.com

Love your blog--have a great summer!

Mary Kay Holmes

Anonymous said...

Hey Lethe!
I can't wait to be a teacher and have summer breaks! It sounds like you have been having such a fun summer with Elia! It's nice to be able to keep in touch and see how you guys are doing. Kaumuali'i loves the song "slippery fish" too. It's one of his favorites!