Friday, July 11, 2008

Simple Pleasures

One of my favorite artists once said, "They say that money won't buy you happiness...but it'll pay for the search!"  Well, this has come into fruition in a simple and happy way this week for me in the form of a bench.  Yes, to beat the heat of the indoors we bought a fairly inexpensive bench from Walmart to put on our deck. It's white and pretty much indestructible by our salt air since it is all plastic/vinyl.  But it isn't just a bench... it also conveniently turns into a picnic table by simply pushing the backrest forward.  Okay, so I'm not writing this to brag about my new purchase, instead, I was just reflecting on how simple and little things can bring us happiness.  Since getting this bench, Elia and I have been able to comfortably enjoy the scenery and sounds outside, sponge paint without fear of making a mess, have dinner with a friend with all of us actually sitting around one table (we have only a counter/island inside) and when someone wanted to stop by I could offer them a cool spot to sit and relax at outside without worrying about how clean my house was inside! Ahhhh...the little things, how they DO make a difference!  What are some of your simple pleasures?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey! Thanks for the comment! I love getting comments! I love all your pictures! I'm so glad you're so committed to exercising in the morning! I told myself to do that during summer break...but alas...I like to try to sleep!! Good job! I really don't want to go back to work!