Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Year news...

I originally wanted to name this post "Up for grabs", but then I remembered that there are other things I wanted to include in this post, although we are only 6 days into 2009!  So here goes...
  








We spent New Year's Eve at the Duke's house and had a blast eating Filipino food, playing pool and playing Guitar Hero, before finally doing small kine fireworks to officially welcome in 2009!


Then on Jan. 4, the first Sunday of the year, we got to finally bless Mika!  We wish we could have gotten mor
e photos with friends and family who came, but our thanks go out to them anyways!  Mika got really FUSSY right before it was time, so Sam ended up feeding her a bottle while he blessed her!  It was multi-tasking at it's finest!  
My sister Lauren also came to this special occasion, which meant a lot to us!
   










So here's why I wanted to name this post "Up for Grabs"...











Our little Mika is now "Ms. Sticky Fingers" (literally, because her fingers/fist are always in her mouth!)  She hasn't yet found anything as good for sucking as her fingers, but she's willing to try anything... Elia's hair, mommy's glasses, the keyboard... whatever is within reach!  She continues to have the CUTEST smile and saddest p
outy face.  I'm also happy to report that she is still sleeping through the night (better not jinx myself) and I have those sticky fingers to thank for that!


As for my little lady, Elia, she is so PRECIOUS!  It is cute and funny to hear her expanding her sentences, asking questions, and being a big sister!  Now that day time potty training is
mastered (after many mishaps and setbacks), we've moved on to the night time training.  So far, so good.  We did have one really bad night where I had to change her clothes and all her bedding TWO TIMES, but my attitude is "Hey, whatever it takes to say bye-bye forever to those pricey pull-ups"!  All kidding aside, this is hard work!  Sam and I are each taking one "bathroom break" during those sleeping hours!  It really helps that there is a bathroom in the girls room (despite the smallness of our home).  For any of you mothers out there on the same trek, I have one word for you... CONSISTENCY. Give those pampers/pull-ups away and never look back!

1 comment:

Pilar said...

Wow! potty training I bet it is hard. I'm hopping that by the end of the year Cora can be out of diapers, And I really hope I can have the patience to go through all the potty training stuff.