Friday, August 8, 2008

Preparing for Baby


Now that shock and surprise of the baby news is settling in, and my feet are mostly on the ground, I've started thinking about all the stuff I need to do and get (buy baby detergent and wash the new/old clothes, get a dresser, buy new bottles-the ones we used with Elia had too many parts!, etc., etc.  For some strange reason I've become obsessed with searching for the perfect stroller to accommodate my girls and their unique needs.  At first I was sure I wanted to get a Joovy Caboose so that I could attach the car seat in front and Elia could just hop on (and off mostly) the back.  It looks cool and it's light and folds up pretty compactly.  But THEN I thought of the fact that Elia often falls asleep during car rides, and if that happens, she won't have any place to recline and continue sleeping so that mommy can do what she needs to do with a little less commotion!  After I talked to Sam about my dilemma he kind of just threw his hands up in the air and said "Let's just get a  wheel barrow, it's robust...and construction site approved!"  I had to laugh out loud ;)  That's what you get when you ask a man!  

P.S.  Now I have my eyes  on a Baby Trend Sit and Stand Plus/Elite (the sit part in the back comes with a full seat that can recline and then be removed when your baby is ready to just sit).  Now if I can just find this thing on our little rock or get someplace to ship to me for a reasonable price, I'll be all set!  I'm going to USA Baby today with my friend so we'll what we find...

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Strollers are such a dilemma! Good luck finding one! There are a bunch of strollers at church that are the double jogging kind. One seat above the other and you can take out the bottom seat too if you wanted. I don't know if that's the kind you're talking about but yeah...anyway...going to look at the tag now... ;D Good luck with stroller hunting!

liko said...

umm, lethe, your mom wouldn't, by chance, happen to give her panipopo recipe out, would she?? just thought i'd ask...

liko said...

thank you sooo much, lethe! see you sunday! and good luck stroller-shopping! it's so fun to buy baby stuff!

Anonymous said...

Hey Lethe,
I stopped by to let you know that we have a new blog address:
http://happyhawaiian.blogspot.com/
Have a great day!

liko said...

haha, thanks, lethe!! someday, when i feel ambitious enough i will attempt to make the panipopo. i doubt it will come out looking anything like your mom's. in the meantime, i'll find your parents selling theirs to satisfy my craving.

Anonymous said...

Hey Lethe,
I finally answered your tag and put my "top 3" on my blog. Sorry it's so late! Better late than never right? ; ) By the way, I changed the 3 fears to 3 foods (since I luv food so much : ) hope u don't mind. Have a wonderful weekend!