Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Sweetest Words...


A few days ago, I was sitting on the couch with Elia, I had just come home from work, and she grabbed my hand and started kissing it.  Then she said "I miss you mommy", then she kissed it again and said, "I love you".  It was the first time she said "I love you" instead of "I love you too", after I say it.  I was very surprised and touched!  Those are definitely the sweetest words for a mommy to hear!  I was reminded of this experience while sitting in McDonald's yesterday.  A boy sitting next to me was having a conversation with his mom and after pausing for a moment he said , "I love you mom".  It was really sweet!  So, the moral of this story is... make someone's day and tell them that you love them ;)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those or definitely the sweetest words for a mother to hear, especially after a long day of work! Elia is so darling!

liko said...

i agree, hearing your kids say nice, thoughtful things that take you by surprise = great moments!!!

Lara said...

She is too precious! We love her. Rachel told me she saw you guys at Foodland. She misses playing with Elia. Hope things are going well for you guys. If there is anything I can do let me know.