Monday, September 8, 2008

One Week Old!




Today Mika is one week old!  The days have gone by quickly, yet I feel as though she's been with me always ;)  She is eating and sleeping well and I feel so lucky that she sleeps pretty good during the night.  I only have to wake up with her twice before I'm ready to wake up myself (I'm a morning person for sure) and every morning she gets very smiley...she must be a morning person like her mommy!  Most people will say that newborns don't really smile, it's just gas, but I think Mika is an exception.  She smiles A LOT, even when I don't hear or smell anything else!  She usually smiles while her eyes are shut, so maybe she has really sweet dreams.  In any case, she is a very good baby...she rarely cries and when she does, it takes her a while to actually do it.  She is a squirmy girl, and loves to arch her back and kick her feet.  She also loves to try and grab her bottle, especially when she's really hungry...which makes it a little hard for mommy to get her bib settled and the bottle in her mouth.  She has successfully put both hands around her bottle a couple of times. 



 Elia is also doing very good too!  She loves being around her baby sister, which is making things a little difficult right now because Elia has a cough and I have to keep her away from the baby and my Lysol spray near by.  There has been a couple of incidents of "jealousy", but Sam and I are trying hard to not let her feel left out.  I've been VERY happy that Elia hasn't regressed with her potty training...she still wears pull-ups at night, but for the rest of the day she's in her big girl panties.  I"m so happy that I started early so that now I only have to buy diapers for one!

Motherhood is AWESOME, challenging...but definitely rewarding!  I love having 2 little girls in my home and being surrounded by all the pink and pretty things.  I'll be home on family leave for the next 4 weeks and I plan to make the most of every precious moment!  

          This is Elia at one week old



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww! What a cutie!! She's adorable!!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS! I've been away from the blogging world for quite some time and have only now seen the exciting news! You have such a beautiful family and your baby girl is so adorable! Elia will be such a good big sister! Take care and talk to ya soon!

Becca said...

Yaay Baby! We're SO happy for you guys! So glad to hear that she's a good baby - that makes it so fun! Tell Elia that Cuzzin' Ethan says hi & to take care of her new little sister. We love you guys & miss you tons!!